Patch notes for EVE Online: Crucible 1.5 to Crucible 1.5.4
The newest patch notes are located at the bottom of the page.
To be released Tuesday, March 13, 2012.
Important Note: The new EVE launcher will install before Crucible 1.5 is launched. Once you boot up the new installer, EVE Online: Crucible 1.5 will be installed automatically.
- We’re replacing the current patching mechanic and replacing it with a Launcher. Players will be asked to download a small patch after downtime on Tuesday which will contain the Launcher. Once this has been completed, the EVE Launcher will start, which will automatically patch your client to the correct version. Full details are available in this blog.
- We have revamped the rookie ships which are the first ships new players see in the game. You can read, and see, all the changes to the Ibis, Impairor, Reaper and Velator in this blog.
Exploration and Deadspace
- The following 2/10 deadspace sites have been added:
- Blood Raider Human Farm
- Serpentis Live Cargo Distribution Facilities
- Sansha Acclimatization Facility
- Changed how NPCs are spawned in EVE. You will no longer get the same type of NPCs in the same spawn.
Character Creator and New Player Experience
- In Character Creation and Re-Customization, the four portrait snap shots now retain all the background, pose and lighting settings of the portrait. This will allow you to quickly switch between them without changing settings, either by clicking on them or using the F1 - F4 keys.
- The idle animations of your avatar will now pause when you are making sculpting changes.
- The Tucking and Browsing buttons in Character Creation and Re-Customization have been moved to the side panel.
Player Owned Structures, Outposts and Stations
- Control towers in wormhole space no longer reveal distance in the Control Tower Management window.
- If a Control Tower was configured with exactly 0.0 for "Attack if security status lower than", then it would ignore this setting altogether. This has now been fixed.
- Weapon turrets now have consistent masses.
- The Group containing Afterburners and Microwarpdrives has been renamed from "Afterburner" to "Propulsion Module", so that we no longer have Microwarpdrives in a group called "Afterburner".
- All Kinetic missiles now have the name ‘Scourge’ back.
- All scripts now carry the suffix ‘Script’ after their name. This affects Focused Warp Disruption, Optimal Range Disruption, Tracking Speed Disruption, Scan Resolution, Targeting Range, Optimal Range and Tracking Speed.
- Shield hardeners, Shield resistance amplifiers, Armor hardeners, Energized plating and Resistance plating will all have their damage type inserted into their names.
- Three classes of missile launcher have been renamed to better indicate the type of missile they fit. Assault Missile Launchers are now Rapid Light Missile Launchers, Standard Launchers are now Light Missile Launchers and Siege Launchers have become Torpedo Launchers.
- All skill hardwirings in the game have had their names changed to conform to a particular scheme, where the name of the implant's affected skill is followed by a numerical appellation that indicates first the implant's slot and second the implant's percentage bonus.
Market & Contracts
- "Missiles" market group is now called "Missile Launcher Operation".
- Market Buy orders will now appear in yellow text if the location of the item is included in your current destination route.
- A “View market details” button has been added to the “Modify Order” window.
- Double clicking on an order will now open up the market details for that item type.
- You can add an item to the Market quickbar by dragging an inventory item or ship module (in ship-ui) onto the quickbar.
- You can SHIFT+drag blueprints onto the Market quickbar (or hold down shift when picking "add to quickbar" from the menu), you add a folder to the quickbar. In that folder are all the materials needed for the activity you pick
(and the blueprint itself. (Non-market items appear greyed out)
- Non-market items can now be added to the market quickbar but they are greyed out.
- You can now sort market orders by Region on the Orders tab.
- All ORE ships now have the correct factional engine trails.
- Ships will now inherit the correct engine trail color from their race type.
- Ship hull effects will now follow any animations associated with that ship.
- Fixed an issue where the region label for the starmap will no longer appear when switching shader/texture settings.
- Checking the box in the Escape menu to turn off drone models will now state that a reboot is required for this to take effect.
- Overview: New entries for the overview are now added immediately and do not have to wait for the next regular refresh.
- "Cut" (ctrl+x) can be used now in contract and market order dialogs.
- Users can now drag groups from the E menu (Accessories, Business and Social) onto the Neocom even when items within those groups are already on the Neocom. Items already on the Neocom will not be present in the groups when dragged from the E menu. Users can add or remove to the group folder as with any other folder.
- Added percentage tooltips for Armor/Shield/Structure bars on targeted ships.
- The Neocom will now reset to its default width in addition to its default button configuration when using the "Reset Buttons" option found when right clicking on the Neocom. This option is also available to players in the ESC menu under "Reset Settings".
- Double clicking icons on the Neocom will now only open or close the window rather than open and close the window as the Neocom recognizes double clicks in addition to single clicks.
- Fixed the formatting of the hover over tooltip for Transactions found in the Wallet. Each piece of information is now given its own line. Character first names have one line and surnames have another.
- The correct fleet icon will now be used regardless of how the window is opened.
- You will now be able to drag character Info Links in the chat to your watch list.
- The banners on the NeX store have been updated. The 'Grand Opening' has now ended.
- You can now sort your Personal Assets by 'Number of Items' per station.
- Added route length & security info to the "Route" tab in the solar system info window.
- The right click menu can now be accessed by right clicking on the icon in the Selected Items window in the Overview.
- The Compare window has now been added to the shortcut options in the Escape menu.
- Added a character counter to the Bio, Notepad and other similar text fields.
- Fighter drones now get a little closer to their targets before switching off their MWD. This should result in fewer cases of fighters "stopping short".
- All drone blueprints now reside in a group that matches the relevant drone's group. For example, blueprints for Cap Drain Drones now reside in the "Cap Drain Drone Blueprint" group.
- The required standings for R&D agents are now displayed correctly in the German client.
- The description for the Thrasher now displays the correct bonuses in the German client..
- Fixed multiple typos and grammar in the German and Russian clients.
- We have made improvements to the performance and memory usage of our new localization engine Cerberus.
- The processing for agent messages has been moved to the client. This resolves the long standing issues with mission text being partially shown in the wrong language.
- Period, comma and numpad-period, can now all be used as decimal marker regardless of OS, Regional settings, client or languageID.
Character Creator and new Player Experience
- An issue with certain lipstick colors not appearing correctly has been fixed.
- Characters no longer turn on their invisibility cloak inside CQ when you change non-character specific texture quality options.
- A display issue with character portraits on the Mac client has been fixed.
- A PhysX crash that occurred in the Character Creator and the Captain's Quarters has been fixed.
Player Owned Structures, Outposts and Stations
- Outpost platforms now properly state that they require sovereignty to use.
- Hull Tanking - Elite certificate no longer directly requires Hull Upgrades IV, as this is superseded by the requirement for Core Integrity - Elite.
- Resolved an issue where sentry guns would not display their firing effect and sound when attacking.
- The salvager module sound has been restored.
- Resolved a bug where 250mm Railguns shared the same sound as Blaster cannons.
- All Tech 2 blueprints will no longer have market entries. Any blueprint that's ever been used for manufacturing or research cannot be listed on the market, which is assumed to apply to all T2 BPOs, and having a market entry for them is causing showinfo to have a "view market details" button rather than "find in contracts".
- Cloaking devices will consistently describe their effect on a ship's maximum velocity.
- The Dual Modal Giga Pulse Laser I has now only one overheat bonus just as it was intended and is now in line with the other lasers of the group. Can still not be fitted on live sharks.
- The auto completion for text fields will now work if that window is stacked with other windows.
- Selecting a word in a text input box with a double-click or right-click (to link the item) is no longer including trailing spaces which makes linking much easier.
- The timer for "Next Clone Jump Available" will now always display the remaining time after a clone jump, even if no additional clones have been installed.
- The log will show the correct message if a user is attempting to anchor an item that can be anchored that is already being anchored. Anchor that!
- UI Scaling: The position and direction of the ship in the map-browser and tactical overlay has been fixed.
- Some minor typos have been corrected in the downtime message.
- Notification messages will now correctly offset with the camera when the option has been enabled in the ESC menu.
- Dynamic groups for chat channels and browser bookmarks has been fixed. The "X more..." group that appears at the end of a long list of channels or bookmarks is now created recursively when required and will expand in a logical manner depending on screen real estate available.
- Fitting window retains dimensions even after closing and reopening the window.
- The Map Browser now correctly remembers its state, whether open or closed, when changing the client resolution.
- The Fleet Finder window will automatically search using the default search settings when opened.
- The Training Queue window will now resize correctly without graphical glitches.
- A redundant right click option was removed from the Neocom for the overflow folder when a player possesses more than 30 chat channels or bookmarks. This was removed as the functionality is not intended for dynamically created folders. Players can still remove chat channels or bookmarks by viewing the full listing via their respective windows.
- The quick filter no longer saves each key press as a search.
- When attempting to unfit a grouped module you will again receive a confirmation message telling you that the action will clear the group.
- Improved the performance when adding and removing objects to the overview.
- Shield Transporters will now show their range on the tactical overlay.
- It is now possible to use both the dot and the comma as decimal delimiter when typing or pasting decimal values, for example when creating market orders.
- Fixed an issue where the window indicating why standing changes had been awarded was opening blank. The transaction details for standing changes will now open correctly.
- An issue has been fixed with show info for old items which would break for UI scaling set to something greater than 100%.
- Improved the accuracy of the skill training bar seen under the character portrait on the Neocom. It will now accurately reflect the time left in line with the progress bar found within the Training Queue window.
- Fixed an issue where the division in the Training Queue would snap to one side on being clicked.
- The Show Info window will now remember its position when moved. All subsequent Show Info windows will open in the same location, cascading diagonally when set not to merge.
- Switching overview tabs is no longer wasting a lot of time with regenerating brackets and is much faster.
- Paragraphs are no longer jumping around in edit fields, for example, when editing the bio.
- A separate message is now displayed when attempting to move items of the incorrect type into a Silo that has had its type set.
- An issue with the Assets window becoming nonfunctional has been fixed.
- Shortcuts to the Ship Hangar and Captain's Quarters no longer function in space.
- Fixed an issue where dragging the Character Sheet directly from the E menu into a group would disallow the user from removing that icon again without resetting the Neocom.
- Underscores are now visible in single line text boxes when using UI scaling.
- You can now drag icons between groups and nested groups on the Neocom.
- Windows will no longer open minimized if they were previously stacked with another window which has been minimized.
- Highlighted text works properly now with UI scaling.
- An issue with closing rolled-up windows has been resolved.
- Fixed an issue where alliance member corporations could overwrite each other’s wallet settings.
- Market groups now load much faster.
- When you click the overload rack button the tool-tip of the module's overload changes accordingly.
- Text and progress bar are now aligned correctly when analyzing with probes.
- An issue with the Certification Planner missing 'Recommended' ships has been fixed.
- An issue with the Station Services disappearing due to corporation role allocation has been fixed.
- The size of several symbols have been adjusted and will display correctly.
Weapons & Ammunition
- Mega Pulse Lasers audio and visuals are now in sync.
- T2/faction/mining crystals now correctly display their damage-per-use chance.
- Fixed a rendering issue with the photo service where certain mission assets would not get the correct preview icon.
- The stasis web effect would sometimes linger even after the module has been deactivated. This has been resolved.
- A small gap between the sentry gun base and the turret model for all races has been fixed.
- Tractor beam turrets will no longer get corrupted after a warp.
- Neutron Blaster turret color will adapt to the racial style of the ship they're fitted to.
- The 'flippers' on the side of the Dominix are now symmetrical.
- The boosters on the Dominix, Sin and Dominix Navy Issue have been moved closer to the ships engines.
- Sun occlusion causing white screen flash on some ATi hardware has been fixed.
- Resolved an issue where the ECCM effect would alter its location based on scale.
- Resolved an issue where a shader parameter was not populated causing the Tractor beam muzzle glow to display a yellow box.
- Added a missing turret locator to the Phantasm ship model.
- Resolved an issue that occurred when changing planet view while your ship was docking..
Corporation & Alliance
- Dividends can now be paid out to Corporation members without error.
Exploration & Deadspace
- The effects of Magnetar wormhole systems will now be properly applied to all fighter drones.
- The warp in effects on the sun in Uotila system have been fixed and display correctly.
EVE Voice, Mail & Chat
- The character limit for new EVE mails is now enforced correctly when pasting large text blocks.
- Increased stability of the MAC client at higher resolutions.
Patch notes for EVE Online: Crucible 1.5.1
Released on Wednesday, March 14, 2012.
- Electronic warfare progression bars are now aligned correctly under locked targets.
- The overview sometimes stayed blank after undocking - this has been fixed.
- Players should now be able to unfit mining crystals without trouble when docked in a station.
- Chat channel selection for channel names with a localized component (corporate channels, help channels, language channels) is now working correctly.
- A client crash which occurred when talking to specific agents has been fixed.
- An issue with the ETC convert button has been fixed.
Patch notes for EVE Online: Crucible 1.5.2
Released on Thursday, March 15, 2012.
- Players who had saved an invalid fitting in the personal fittings will now be able to see their valid fittings. The invalid fitting will be deleted.
- A Windows XP issue with the alphabetical sorting in various UI windows has been fixed.
- Fix added for right-click menus displaying incorrect text in certain circumstances.
Agents & Missions
- Epic Arc agents are once more open for business and will give out missions.
- Old missions no longer block people & places window from displaying correctly.
- Agents will now provide correct deadspace bookmarks for you to warp to.
- The stargate jump-in effect has been restored.
- The space scene dust particle system works once again.
- Caldari Business Tribunal has lost the extra "tribunal" in the name.
- LP store is now displayed correctly again in the German client.
- Fixed an audio falloff error in ship modules.
Patch notes for EVE Online Launcher 1.11
Released Friday, March 16, 2012, at 14:30 GMT.
- Numerous fixes were made to the Launcher self-update mechanism.
- Fixed an error where the browser process spawned by clicking links in the Launcher inherited the file handles of the Launcher itself, causing permissions conflicts while patching.
- The Launcher now properly manages paths with a variety of unexpected characters so that it doesn't assume that a process is running from the folder under its purview.
- The Launcher needlessly held onto the handles of processes that it suspected were running from the directory under its purview. This has been corrected.
- Added logging of HTTP Headers such that we're better able to debug Firewall/Router/Antivirus interference.
- Forced the Launcher's embedded browser to log to the EVE/launcher folder, reducing interference with the patching process, and removing clutter.
- Changed the method by which we delete old files before they're successfully patched.
- Reduced the amount of time we wait for the Launcher to attempt to send logs to a hard limit of 3 seconds.
- We now request non-cached copies of all meta-data files from the web, which should reduce instances of the Repair Tool or Launcher erroneously patching to a previous version.
- The Launcher has been further hardened to closure during various stages of execution.
- Patch importing and exporting has been made more robust.
Patch notes for EVE Online: Crucible 1.5.3
Released Tuesday, March 20, 2012.
- Volume for ammunition & charges is now formatted correctly with the full value.
- Show Info will only display once in the context menu for R&D agents.
- The new S&I Blueprint filter has been optimized to handle a large amount of blueprints during the search.
- The directional scanner has gotten back its commas so that you can read the range again clearly.
Graphic and Sound
- Fixed falloff on certain sound effects not reducing at distance.
- Resolved an issue where the jump bridge effect would be applied to all ships in the scene.
Patch notes for EVE Online: Crucible 1.5.4
Released Wednesday, March 21, 2012.
- Backend changes were made that will fix issues with accepting and completing Epic Arc branching missions.
- Stations will once again display their operation type as a part of their name where it is applicable.
- The right click option “view market details” on items in the “reaction” tab in the show info window of reactions now functions correctly.
- You can now right click on an agent in custom folders to view the context menu.